Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they become your blessings.
~ Author Unknown ~ 


These inspirational words remind me to appreciate all that I have.  Those times when I tend to have a negative side "Be Thankful" helps me to see those issues in a more positive light.  There are days when everything does not go as I may have wished.  As I read these words, it helps me turn a 'not so good day' into a 'good day' as these words put my thoughts on the positive and they remind me to give thanks for what I do have.

No matter the situation that comes my way, these words of wisdom help me be grateful for all of my many blessings.

11 comments:

  1. Being thankful does feel hard at times; but let us look back on difficult days and then see how things did get better. Sometimes it takes time for things to improve. I feel like I have had so many experiences that have seemed so hard; and now I look at where I am and what I have and I feel so blessed. And I feel like I have learned so much along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great poem, Teri. I have seen it before, but I really should keep it right in front of me at all times. There is so much to be thankful for in each and every day. Thanks for the reminder that it's all about perspective. Have a wonderful day! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, Nov. 8th, I am thankful that my husband and I are celebrating our 59th Wedding Anniversary!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this today Teri 💜💚

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's excellent!
    Having a thankful heart certainly brings joy into every circumstance because we see the good no matter what.

    Great reminder~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful reminder, Teri, of keeping a grateful heart each and every day. I was feeling tired and discouraged today and this is just what I needed! Thankful for blogging friends like you! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post touches my heart. Your blog is such an uplifting, inspirational place. I love coming to visit your little space. Hugs to you. Juli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl, I needed to read this. With my emotions going crazy from this cancer stuff and all life's issues, it's hard to keep positive right now.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautifully written poem you've shared, and how true the words are... help us to remember in the times of distress to find something about it to be thankful for... blessings to you sweet Teri for the lovely place here in blogland where the essence of serenity truly resides. Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am thankful that YOU took the time to remind us !
    God bless
    Mrs.O

    ReplyDelete