Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Faith And Family

These words I find heartwarming, words to strengthen me as I go about each day in my faith, loving my family and tending to our humble homespun cottage.

Every true wife makes her husband's interests her own.  While he lives for her, carrying her image in his heart and toiling for her all the days, she thinks only of what will do him good.  When burdens press upon him she tries to lighten them by sympathy, by cheer, by the inspiration of love.  She enters with zest and enthusiasm into all his plans.  She is never a weight to drag him down; she is his strength in his heart to help him ever to do nobler and better things.
~ J. R, Miller ~

The woman, who makes a sweet, beautiful home, filling it with love and prayer and purity, is doing something better than anything else her hands could find to do beneath the skies.  A true mother is one of the holiest secrets of home happiness.  God sends many beautiful things to this world, many noble gifts; but no blessing is richer than that which He bestows in a mother who has learned loves lessons well, and has realized something of the meaning of her sacred calling.
~ J. R. Miller ~

I fall short of these precious words.

My prayer is that I will always do the very best that I know how.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely book, Teri. I have a devotional book called, Hugs, and I find the words very inspirational. They too are about doing and being the best you can be and understanding that it's ok when we fall short. It's my first devotional and I really enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fall short of them, too, Teri, but they are certainly worth striving toward that goal. It is an area that God has been dealing with me about over the last several weeks. Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful words. I think that we all fall short of this many times--however, it is very inspiring--and something to remember! Blessings & Hugs! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy JR Miller's writing. So beautifully written and he gives us something to strive for. Thanks for sharing, Teri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These words are inspiring to me as well. Being a full time wife and mom I know that there are some days that are better than other days. We never really arrive. It's a job we keep working on day after day. Thank goodness for God's grace. :)
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fall short, too. Would that I were better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely fall short though I try really hard not to. Anyway thank you for your always encouraging posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate how you gently teach submission and love. Yes, I too fall short of perfection, just like all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear Teri, what a sweet and beautiful post! I thoroughly enjoyed reading these precious thoughts.

    I hope you are well and enjoying your summer. Thinking of you! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete