Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Spring Days


We have been enjoying perfect spring days.  Our days have been warm, sunny and a pretty blue sky.  We have enjoyed refreshing spring rains.  We have been puttering in our yard and our garden.  Such sweet pleasures and simple blessings.

Our days ahead look as if we may be in for some chilly days with rain.  It looks like we may be enjoying inside days where it is warm and cosy.  I do like those kind of days now and then as well.

♥ Spring Sweet Spring ♥


Gardening God's Way

Plant three rows of peas:
Peas of mind
Peas of heart
Peas of soul

Plant four rows of squash:
Squash gossip
Squash indifference
Squash grumbling
Squash selfishness

Plant four rows of lettuce:
Lettuce be faithful
Lettuce be kind
Lettuce be patient
Lettuce really love one another

No garden should be without turnips:
Turnip for meetings
Turnip for service
Turnip to help one another

Water freely with patience and cultivate with love.  There is much fruit in your garden because you reap what you sow.

To conclude our garden, we must have thyme:
Thyme for God
Thyme for Study
Thyme for Prayer
~ Author Unknown ~


This is a good way to tend to our garden ... inside and outside.

9 comments:

  1. That little poem is so cute!!
    Blessings
    Mrs.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we have a bit of rain today...
    And cozy it will be!
    Things got green overnight!!!
    Have a cozy day, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the picture is just beautful, my friend! And your poem was darling :) Have a happy day!

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the warmth and sunshine, Teri! Love that photo, and the poem is very true. Good to have the reminder. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful post...and thought provoking, dear Teri. I could almost smell those gorgeous lilacs in the header of today's post. We have been having rain and colder temperatures, but today was a wonderful spring day. It reached 75 here today and the sun was shining all day after the fog burned off this morning.

    I really like the ways to tend our garden that you shared today. I would like to copy it down in my "quotes" notebook, if it is okay with you. I especially liked the "squash" part.

    I hope you have a wonderful and peaceful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a lot of rain last weekend, but the last two days have been really nice. We enjoy being indoors as much as outside, so it is a good mix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading back all the beautiful posts I've missed, the past couple of weeks have simply swooshed by. Is there anything nicer than a garden in spring? Love the poem you shared today.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoyed your poem.
    Those words certainly give one much to ponder on, and good pondering for sure.
    Inside days are good when the nice weather arrives, at least they are for me because once I can be out of doors that is where you will find me most.
    I take after my grandmother on my dad's side, she loved being out in her yard and flower gardens.

    Be blessed~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your garden 'recipe', Teri! So very sweet and true! We have had too much rain this spring and I have 'thrown in the towel' for now. I will have to do catch-up when the sun comes out and maybe this is the year I will focus on planting in pots :) There's always a silver lining. Sending hugs and blessings xx Karen

    ReplyDelete