Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Simple Blessings ♥ Week Four

Welcome back to Simple Blessings.  This is Week Four and I will chat a bit about sight, scent, touch, sound and taste from our little cottage.

This is a series that I have been sharing each Wednesday in March.  I am sharing my thoughts on simple every day things that bring love, joy, peace and contentment to the days in our little cottage.

When I think of Simple Blessings the five senses come to mind.

SIGHT
seeing loved ones warms my heart
seeing the sun rise and the sun set
seeing our little cottage all neat and tidy
seeing our lawn all spruced up
seeing our little garden

SCENT
from a pretty candle
from comfort food being prepared
from fresh coffee brewing in the early morning
from fresh bed linens just off of the clothesline
from fresh homemade bread from the oven

TOUCH
from hugs making us feel loved and cherished
from a soft throw
from a hot cup of tea on a chilly day
from a glass of iced tea on a warm day
from the feel of pages of a good book

SOUND
from soft music playing
from a tea kettle singing
from the pitter patter of rain on the roof
from sweet birdsong
from our wind chimes chiming in the gentle breeze

TASTE
of a homemade meal as we gather at the kitchen table
of homemade cinnamon rolls
of homemade bread and butter
of a cup of fresh brewed coffee
of fruits and vegetables fresh from our garden

These are just a few of our sweet pleasures and simple blessings.

I will be back next Wednesday to share with you from our little cottage.

Please share your thoughts on your simple blessings.

12 comments:

  1. What a cozy picture you paint for all the senses! :) Thank you for sharing, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri, your lifestyle is one to be admired. I love to read about your home and enjoy your thoughts on everyday living. With these five blessings we can all find happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Teri. The blessings of the five senses; these we can enjoy every day. I'm looking forward to the simple pleasure of standing in front of an open window and feeling the breeze on my skin. Lately I've taken to massaging perfumed skin softener into my hands and applying a bit of scented talc on my pulse points before settling into bed in the evening. Aromatherapy, I guess, is what one would call it. It's just a simple little thing I do, a ritual of sorts, that is calming at bedtime. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit late getting around today. I enjoyed reading here about the five senses and the things you enjoy about each one. SIGHT for me would be seeing the flowers in my flower beds blooming. SCENT for me would be the sweet smell of roses. TOUCH for me would be hugs from loved ones. SOUND for me would be hearing rain fall on our tin roof. TASTE for me would be hot biscuits with butter and apple butter.

    I also wanted to share with you, Teri, that I took a couple of things from your post last week and incorporated them into my routine. Bubble bath and a candle burning. It really has made a difference in how well I rest at night. I almost hate to see March end because I have really enjoyed this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teri I love what you are doing. Writing down these little blessings that make our daily life so pleasurable is a great idea. I think being content and grateful helps the heart be merry. My morning coffee is definitely one of my simple pleasures. My morning wouldn't be the same without it. :)
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how describe so beautifully what a cozy safe haven your home is. I love reading your blog! Hugs. Juli

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all appreciate all or some of your wonderful thoughts, but you enjoy them ALL and express to us your joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all wonderful blessings, Teri! I can imagine each one....We do need to stop and appreciate these lovely little things that make life so special. Those hugs from loved ones are tops on my list. Hugs and blessings from me. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaaah, very much enjoyed reading through these simple blessings, appealing to all of our senses -- how lovely! We really are incredibly blessed in a myriad of ways. Sometimes so simple we can overlook them if we're not careful! Thanks for the sweet reminder.

    What a fun little RV you've got to travel around in! I'm going to have to snoop around your blog a bit and see if I can find some more information about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always so lovely to visit with you Teri! And this is a wonderful post on our five senses, so many wonderful things we can do to make our ordinary days special and even extraordinary! I love all your suggestions, and I might add that visiting my sweet blogging friends (like you), while it is not a physical touch or sense, certainly adds pleasure and joy to my days :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Teri, thank you so much for visiting my blog. What a beautiful blog you have. I look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Teri,
    What a cozy place you've made here in blogland. You make me want to return. I've added you to my blogroll.
    I'll be back!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete