Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Simplicity

is
 having what I need and not having more

not being controlled by "stuff" but using the resources the Lord has blessed me with

meaningful work

having time to focus on what is important in my life, such as knowing God and tending to relationships with others, especially the relationship I have with my family

not always looking for "more" or "better" but making do with what I have with a thankful heart

the saying ... use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without

 Simply put, simplicity is the freedom to really live, rather than spending my life acquiring, consuming and coveting.

It seems that SIMPLICITY is something I work on daily.  It is my work in progress.

Praying that your week is filled with sweet pleasures and simple blessings.

10 comments:

  1. Hello, Teri, yes, simplicity is happiness. I always ask myself twice - do I really need this? Most of the time the answer is 'No'. I would rather make something from scratch or by hand anyway. It means so much more......sending hugs and blessings for the rest of your week. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I am working toward, Teri...simplicity. Especially working on making do with what I have rather than looking for something I "think" I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a new grand-daughter so life feels full of sweet pleasures and we are truly blessed. Family moments are better than shopping. Thanks for your sweet words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here, here! I am right there with you, Teri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this. I can't wait to see you on Saturday! Hugs. Juli❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all for simplicity, Teri. There's so much freedom in being content with what we have. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simple life is full of the best things, and less really is more! Thank you for sharing this beautiful message in a meaningful way! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said!
    Life lived simply is best of all.
    We are so blessed with so much, yet often times looking for more and better.
    Thank you for sharing your beauty with us.

    Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is something that I struggle with still. I buy too much, want too much, have too much stuff. Every once in a while I have a declutter, but stuff keeps coming back. I have to be more mindful.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love each and every thought shared here. I reply by email. Please be sure that you are not a NO REPLY blogger. ♥ Homespun Hugs ♥